The Plant list
SPECIAL OFFER Species Salvia
This week we have three unusual species, new to Woottens, on offer for you.
All three originate from the areas of South America and are not commonly found at your local garden centre.
The collection comprises of one each of the following in 9cm pots for just £14.00 that’s 15% off
SALVIA leucocephala – White Headed Sage. Whorls of magenta red flowers from a white downy calyx. Very striking. Rounded very soft leaves with a subtle fragrance. Eventual Ht. 100cm Sp. 60cm. Full sun. Rich but well drained soil. Originates from Ecuador. (Pictured above)
SALVIA corrugata – Corrugated Sage. Short spires of Royal blue flowers from a black calyx. July-Nov. Dark green narrow leaves with silvery undersides. Originates from Ecuador & Peru. Eventual Ht. 100cm. Sp. 100cm. Full sun. Well drained but not bone-dry soil. (Pictured below left)
SALVIA leucantha – Mexican Bush Sage. Long spires of white flowers that emerge from a downy purple calyx. July-Oct. Long sage green leaves with a silvery underneath. Eventual Ht. 150cm Sp. 100cm. Sun or partial shade. Well drained but not bone-dry soil. (Pictured below right)
Many of the New World species and cultivars need a sunny spot in the garden and a good soil with ample drainage but not bone dry. They are vigorous and easy to grow although may need winter protection in colder areas.
Plant Details: SPECIAL OFFER Species Salvia
Plant: SPECIAL OFFER
Variety: Species Salvias
Common name: Sage
Origin: South America
Flower colour: Blue, White, Red
Flower month: Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov
Foliage colour: Green, Silver
Hardy: Half Hardy
Soil type: Moist yet well drained soil
Aspect: Part Shade, Sun
Flower type: Single
Winter grow conditions: Cold frame, Outside sheltered
Container Compost: Peat Substitute Compost
Web rating: Woottens Plants rating 9/10
Pot Size: 9cm
Special offer: Special Offers
- We aim to dispatch majority of orders within 5-7 working days
- There are EXCEPTIONS during busy periods – please click here to find out about current dispatch times
- Some plants are seasonal and only dispatched at certain times of the year. Including Pelargoniums, Auriculas and Irises click here for more details
- Bareroot plants can take between 7-10 days before dispatch.
- We only send plants of optimum quality therefore your delivery may be split and plants sent to follow later. Whilst we try and keep our website up to date inevitably during busy period’s plants may sell out.
- Sometimes it is necessary to ‘cut back’ your plants for the good of the plants and to insure safe packing and arrival of your order. We only do this to herbaceous perennials that will rejuvenate stronger from the base.
- If there are any problems with your order you will contacted via email or phone to discuss the order
- Potted plants ordered for collection from the nursery can be ready 4 working days after the order has been placed.
- Bareroot plants ordered for collection from the nursery can be ready 10 working days after the order has been placed
- Collections can be picked up any day by appointment except Sunday.
- Please specify which date you will be collecting on in the 'order notes' box at the checkout.