The Plant list
SPECIAL OFFER Pulsatilla vulgaris
A selection of our wonderful common Pasqueflower. Six strong 9cm plants for just £21.60. Three Pulsatilla vulgaris – the beautiful purple form and three Pulsatilla vulgaris Alba, the elegant white form. Flowering from March-May followed by attractive fluffy seedheads that continue into June.
Soft green filigree foliage. They like a sunny spot but cool soil so east facing is ideal. Ht 30cm Sp 30cm.
Once a native site in the UK these lovely early spring flowering plants are cultivated and grown in gardens.
Pulsatillas are commonly called ‘Pasqueflowers’, which is derived from the Hebrew word for Passover – and reflects their Easter flowering period. The flowers of the Pasqueflower were commonly used to decorate the Paschal candle and the rich green dye extracted from their leaves and flowers was used to stain eggs as gifts on Easter Sunday.
Pulsatillas are native to our chalk land meadows, but will thrive in most soils, being found in mainland Europe growing in acid sand. Pulsatilla was once a common wildflower in England. Although tolerant of summer drought, Pulsatillas need plentiful moisture in spring. They are best in an open situation, although they will grow in light shade. They are modest plants, never exceeding 30cm. in height and not much more in spread. They look content with other early spring perennials such as Pulmonaria, Primula vulgaris and Hellebores.
You may also like…
Plant Details: SPECIAL OFFER Pulsatilla vulgaris
Plant: SPECIAL OFFER
Flower colour: White, Purple
Flower month: Mar, Apr, May
Foliage colour: Green
Soil type: Moist yet well drained soil
Flower type: Single
Flower attribute: Elegant
Flower style: Dainty Foliage Habit
Winter grow conditions: Outside
Container Compost: Peat based or peat sub
Web rating: Woottens rating 8/10
Special uses: Ground Cover, Bees
Special offer: Special Offers
Pot Size: 9cm
Variety: Pulsatilla vulgaris
- We aim to dispatch majority of orders within 5-7 working days
- If your order is placed before 7am on a Friday it is likely to be sent within 5 working days
- Orders placed from 7am on a Friday are likely to be sent within 7 working days
- However there may be delays on certain plants due to regular changes in availability busy periods throughout the year. We advise you contact the nursery regarding availability should you have any concerns. Or Click Here to find out more about our mail order plants.
- We only send plants of optimum quality therefore your delivery may be split and plants sent to follow later. Whilst we try and keep our website up to date inevitably during busy period’s plants may sell out.
- Sometimes it is necessary to ‘cut back’ your plants for the good of the plants and to insure safe packing and arrival of your order. We only do this to herbaceous perennials that will rejuvenate stronger from the base.
- Potted plants ordered for collection from the nursery can be ready 4 working days after the order has been placed.
- Bareroot plants ordered for collection from the nursery can be ready 10 working days after the order has been placed
- Collections can be picked up any day by appointment except Sunday.
- Please specify which date you will be collecting on in the 'order notes' box at the checkout.