The Plant list
SPECIAL OFFER Ornamental Grasses Offer Two
No autumn garden is complete without the tall airy panicles of Molinia or gold pony tails of Miscanthus. Grasses are essential for lightening the herbaceous border. Their airy panicles relieve the gaudy blooms of later summer and the gentle movement of their stems introduces a dynamic element into too rigid plantings
This collection is designed for those with the space to grow larger grasses, whether in the border or in large containers. Miscanthus to us are the kings of the ornamental grass world, some towering at 8 or 9 ft tall others a more manageable 4-5 ft. They have the best plumes and give structure throughout the winter. Complimented by many other grasses including the Molinia – the more dainty of the two with an upright habit and much less width.
This collection comprises of 6 of our favourite tall grasses for just £35.20 – that’s 20% off the RRP.
Molinia caerulea Moorhexe – Purple flowered moor grass with narrowly erect habit. Sept-Oct. Ht. 100cm. Sp. 35cm. Sun or part shade.
Molinia caerulea Heidebraut – Produces a mass of slender flowering stems with purple flowers in Aug-Sept. The whole plant turns yellow in autumn. Ht. 110cm. Sp. 60cm
Miscanthus Ghana – Stunning soft red edged foliage and feathery red plumes.Ht. 170cm. Sp. 60cm. Sun or part shade. Any soil.
Miscanthus Variegatus – Crisp vertically striped green and white leaves. Pink flowers in a hot summer. Ht. 180cm. Sp. 80cm. Sun or part shade.
Calamagrostis x acutiflora Karl Foerster – Pinkish grey flowers in June-July. Architectural upright habit. Good planted in large blocks. Any soil from the wettest to the driest. Sun or part shade. Good autumn colour. Ht. 100cm. Sp. 50cm
Calamagrostis brachytricha – Tall green leaves flushed bronze in spring and autumn. Large plumes of pink flowers Aug-Sept. Sun or part shade. Ht. 120cm. Sp. 80cm.
Please note postage is slightly higher on this offer as we like to pack grasses at their full height for you where possible.
Plant Details: SPECIAL OFFER Ornamental Grasses Offer Two
Plant: SPECIAL OFFER
Pot Size: 1.3 litre, 2 litre
Variety: Ornamental Grasses Offer Two
Origin: N. Zealand
Flower colour: Brown
Flower month: Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov
Foliage colour: Green, Red, Green, Variegated
Autumn leaf colour: Green, Red, Variegated
Winter leaf colour: Green, Red, Variegated
Soil type: Moist yet well drained soil
Flower type: Single
Flower style: Dainty Foliage Habit
Leaf colour: Green, Red
Seed month: Nov
Seed colour: Black, Brown
Container: Large Pots
Winter grow conditions: Outside
Compost: Soil Loam Based
Web rating: Woottens rating 10/10
Special uses: Deer Proof, Rabbit Proof, Ground Cover, Movement
Special offer: Special Offers
- We aim to dispatch majority of orders within 5-7 working days
- If your order is placed before 7am on a Friday it is likely to be sent within 5 working days
- Orders placed from 7am on a Friday are likely to be sent within 7 working days
- However there may be delays on certain plants due to regular changes in availability busy periods throughout the year. We advise you contact the nursery regarding availability should you have any concerns. Or Click Here to find out more about our mail order plants.
- We only send plants of optimum quality therefore your delivery may be split and plants sent to follow later. Whilst we try and keep our website up to date inevitably during busy period’s plants may sell out.
- Sometimes it is necessary to ‘cut back’ your plants for the good of the plants and to insure safe packing and arrival of your order. We only do this to herbaceous perennials that will rejuvenate stronger from the base.
- Potted plants ordered for collection from the nursery can be ready 4 working days after the order has been placed.
- Bareroot plants ordered for collection from the nursery can be ready 10 working days after the order has been placed
- Collections can be picked up any day by appointment except Sunday.
- Please specify which date you will be collecting on in the 'order notes' box at the checkout.