The Plant list
SPECIAL OFFER Ornamental Grasses Offer One
Ornamental grasses can easily compliment any herbaceous border or make wonderful pot displays. Golden grasses look stunning in hot borders and silver blue grasses give white borders an added sparkle. Evergreen grasses and sedges give all year round texture and structure as other plants come and go.
You do not have to have a large garden to be able to enjoy ornamental grasses, many are suited to smaller gardens and pot displays. This collection comprises of 7 grasses and sedges designed for this purpose.
This colourful offer contains one each of the following in 1.3L pots and ready for planting. £36.80 – that’s 20% off the RRP.
Carex testacea – Copper brown evergreen foliage. Vivid orange tints in the winter. Ht. 40 cm. Sp. 45 cm. Sun or shade. Good drainage.
Imperata cylindrica Rubra – Japanese blood grass. Looks wonderful planted in a position where the low evening sun can shine through the leaves. Ht. 40cm. Sp 50cm. Fertile not too dry soil
Pennisetum orientale – Airy shell pink bottle brush flowers. Light green foliage. Ht. 36cm. Sp. 36cm. Sun. Good drainage. Will not tolerate heavy clay.
Carex oshimensis Evergold – Variegated yellow foliage in a neat mounding habit. Vibrant and stunning in pots. Prefers moist soil in part shade. Ht. 45cm. Sp. 60cm.
Carex buchananii Red Rooster – Intensely rusty red than the copper coloured species. Erect habit. Ht. 50cm. Sp. 45cm. Sun or shade. Good drainage.
Carex elata – The most handsome of all the sedges. Yellow leaves with green stripes. Elegant brown flowers. Any not too dry soil. Ht. 60cm. Sp. 60cms. Will grow in water. Best grown in part shade
Pancium virgatum Prairie Sky. Metallic blue leaves. Clouds of tiny chestnut flowers. Ht. 80cm. Sp. 60cm. Wonderful in bunches of flowers. Happy in any soil from the driest to the wettest.
Plant Details: SPECIAL OFFER Ornamental Grasses Offer One
Plant: SPECIAL OFFER
Variety: Ornamental Grasses Offer One
Origin: N. Zealand
Flower colour: Brown
Flower month: Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov
Flower scent: None
Foliage colour: Brown, Green, Red, Variegated, Yellow
Autumn leaf colour: Green, Brown, Orange, Red
Winter leaf colour: Green, Red
Soil type: Well drained soil, Bog or marginal
Aspect: Part Shade, Sun
Evergreen: Deciduous, Evergreen
Flower type: Single
Flower attribute: Elegant
Seed month: Nov, Dec
Container: Small Pots, Large Pots
Winter grow conditions: Outside
Compost: Soil Loam Based
Web rating: Woottens rating 10/10
Special uses: Deer Proof, Rabbit Proof, Ground Cover, Movement
Special offer: Special Offers
Pot Size: 1.3 litre
- We aim to dispatch majority of orders within 5-7 working days
- If your order is placed before 7am on a Friday it is likely to be sent within 5 working days
- Orders placed from 7am on a Friday are likely to be sent within 7 working days
- However there may be delays on certain plants due to regular changes in availability busy periods throughout the year. We advise you contact the nursery regarding availability should you have any concerns. Or Click Here to find out more about our mail order plants.
- We only send plants of optimum quality therefore your delivery may be split and plants sent to follow later. Whilst we try and keep our website up to date inevitably during busy period’s plants may sell out.
- Sometimes it is necessary to ‘cut back’ your plants for the good of the plants and to insure safe packing and arrival of your order. We only do this to herbaceous perennials that will rejuvenate stronger from the base.
- Potted plants ordered for collection from the nursery can be ready 4 working days after the order has been placed.
- Bareroot plants ordered for collection from the nursery can be ready 10 working days after the order has been placed
- Collections can be picked up any day by appointment except Sunday.
- Please specify which date you will be collecting on in the 'order notes' box at the checkout.