The Plant list
SPECIAL OFFER Iris reticulata Collection
This week we are offering 6 different varieties of potted Iris reticulata bulbs. One each of the of the following:
Iris reticulata J S Dijt – Solid broad , plum-purple petals with a yellow and white blotch, less leafy at flowering time, gloriously scented. RHS Award of Garden Merit 1993.
Iris reticulata Joyce – New to Woottens this year. Sky blue flowers with white markings and vibrant yellow signal.
Iris reticulata Pixie – New to Woottens this year and as the name suggests a small headed form, really quite sweet. Neat clear purple blooms. A sport of Harmony
Iris reticulata Painted Lady – New to Woottens this year. Narrow petals of unique ice blue/white flowers. Lilac veins on the standards. Very elegant.
Iris reticulata Katherine Hodgkins – Katharine Hodgkins is a hybrid between I. histroides and I. winogradowii. Large palest blue flowers with darker blue veining and yellow signal patch. Early flowering
Iris reticulata Katherine’s Gold – Unique pale yellow flowers. Dark markings on the falls and creamy white standards. Ht 15cm. Sun or part shade. Any well drained soil. A hybrid from the Iris reticulata group. Early flowering.
Offer price of just £19.38 That’s 15% off the RRP.
All plants show good growth and will flower February/March. Iris reticulata is native to Iran and Iraq where it grows in alpine meadows and open scrubby woodland. Iris reticulata will grow in any soil and is happy in both full sun or part shade. It is ideal in stone sinks, raised beds or pots on windowsills, where its exquisitely shaped flowers can be admired close up or to be naturalised in the garden. Looks best planted in large groups. Top dress with bonemeal each autumn. Unspoilt by snow, wind and rain.
Please note some new varieties do not yet have photographs as we only use our own photos.
You may also like…
Plant Details: SPECIAL OFFER Iris reticulata Collection
Plant: SPECIAL OFFER
Variety: Iris reticulata Collection
Flower colour: Blue, White, Purple, Yellow
Flower month: Feb, Mar
Flower scent: Sweetly
Foliage colour: Green
Soil type: Well drained soil
Aspect: Shade, Part Shade, Sun
Flower type: Single
Flower attribute: Elegant
Leaf colour: Green
Winter grow conditions: Outside
Web rating: Woottens rating 9/10
Special uses: Ground Cover
Pot Size: 9cm
Special offer: Special Offers
- We aim to dispatch majority of orders within 5-7 working days
- There are EXCEPTIONS during busy periods – please click here to find out about current dispatch times
- Some plants are seasonal and only dispatched at certain times of the year. Including Pelargoniums, Auriculas and Irises click here for more details
- Bareroot plants can take between 7-10 days before dispatch.
- We only send plants of optimum quality therefore your delivery may be split and plants sent to follow later. Whilst we try and keep our website up to date inevitably during busy period’s plants may sell out.
- Sometimes it is necessary to ‘cut back’ your plants for the good of the plants and to insure safe packing and arrival of your order. We only do this to herbaceous perennials that will rejuvenate stronger from the base.
- If there are any problems with your order you will contacted via email or phone to discuss the order
- Potted plants ordered for collection from the nursery can be ready 4 working days after the order has been placed.
- Bareroot plants ordered for collection from the nursery can be ready 10 working days after the order has been placed
- Collections can be picked up any day by appointment except Sunday.
- Please specify which date you will be collecting on in the 'order notes' box at the checkout.