The Plant list
SPECIAL OFFER Dutch Iris
A selection of six plants of Dutch Iris for just £16.50 – that’s over 20% off. Three varieties, 2 of each in 9cm pots.
Sapphire Beauty – Royal blue standards and style arms. Blue falls with vivid yellow signal.
Alaska – Pure white standards and style arms. White falls with vivid yellow signal
Lion King – Coppery bronze standards and style arms. Yellow falls with bronze markings.
All flower from April – June. Fine foliage. Ht 75cm Sp 20cm. Full sun. Moist rich soil but not boggy. Wonderful long lasting cut flowers. Each 9cm pot contains 2 strong flowering size bulbs, fully rooted.
Iris x hollandica, commonly called ‘Dutch Iris’ are hybrids developed from species including Iris tingitana x Iris xiphium. These species are native to Spain, Portugal and North Africa.
Often recognisable at cut flowers in florists, they have also become a worthy garden plant
They are bulbous perennial Irises and require full sun or part shade. Their fine foliage appears early spring followed by stunning flowers in April to June. They prefer a moist soil, although not boggy which can cause fungal problems. Too dry soils produce few flowers that are small in size.
Additions to lime in the soil are beneficial. Although the foliage can get a little dishevelled it should be left to die back naturally, similarly to Allium foliage.
You may also like…
Plant Details: SPECIAL OFFER Dutch Iris
Plant: SPECIAL OFFER
Origin: N. Africa, Spain
Flower colour: White, Bronze, Gold, Maroon, Purple, Yellow
Flower month: Apr, May, Jun
Foliage colour: Green
Soil type: Moist soil, Moist yet well drained soil
Aspect: Part Shade, Sun
Flower type: Single
Leaf colour: Green
Suggested Container: Large Pots
Protect from slugs: Yes
Winter grow conditions: Outside
Container Compost: Peat based or peat sub
Web rating: Woottens rating 8/10
Special uses: Deer Proof, Rabbit Proof
Pot Size: 9cm
Variety: Dutch Iris
Special offer: Special Offers
- We aim to dispatch majority of orders within 5-7 working days
- If your order is placed before 7am on a Friday it is likely to be sent within 5 working days
- Orders placed from 7am on a Friday are likely to be sent within 7 working days
- However there may be delays on certain plants due to regular changes in availability busy periods throughout the year. We advise you contact the nursery regarding availability should you have any concerns. Or Click Here to find out more about our mail order plants.
- We only send plants of optimum quality therefore your delivery may be split and plants sent to follow later. Whilst we try and keep our website up to date inevitably during busy period’s plants may sell out.
- Sometimes it is necessary to ‘cut back’ your plants for the good of the plants and to insure safe packing and arrival of your order. We only do this to herbaceous perennials that will rejuvenate stronger from the base.
- Potted plants ordered for collection from the nursery can be ready 4 working days after the order has been placed.
- Bareroot plants ordered for collection from the nursery can be ready 10 working days after the order has been placed
- Collections can be picked up any day by appointment except Sunday.
- Please specify which date you will be collecting on in the 'order notes' box at the checkout.