The Plant list
The winter aconite, a beautiful native European gem, bursts forth with exquisite buttercup flowers, igniting the scenery with a radiant yellow glow throughout the months of January to March. This native European plant thrives in any well drained soil in Sun or Part shade.
Eranthis, when planted in suitable conditions, has the potential to thrive rapidly. It presents an enchanting sight as it forms a vibrant yellow carpet under deciduous trees, particularly when paired with Snowdrops and Cyclamen coum.
Sun or Part shade. Thrive in a rich moist soil, not boggy. RHS AGM. Ht. 10cm. Summer dormant.
We are offering 25 flowering size bulbs “in the green” for £20 plus free postage.
Dispatch from early February
You may also like…
Plant Details: ERANTHIS hyemalis
Common name: Winter aconite
Origin: S. Europe
Flower colour: Yellow
Flower month: Jan, Feb, Mar
Foliage colour: Green
Soil type: Moist soil
Aspect: Part Shade, Sun
Leaf colour: Green
Winter grow conditions: Outside
Container Compost: Peat Substitute Compost
Special uses: Rabbit Proof
Pot Size: Bareroot
- We aim to dispatch majority of orders within 5-7 working days
- There are EXCEPTIONS during busy periods – please click here to find out about current dispatch times
- Some plants are seasonal and only dispatched at certain times of the year. Including Pelargoniums, Auriculas and Irises click here for more details
- Bareroot plants can take between 7-10 days before dispatch.
- We only send plants of optimum quality therefore your delivery may be split and plants sent to follow later. Whilst we try and keep our website up to date inevitably during busy period’s plants may sell out.
- Sometimes it is necessary to ‘cut back’ your plants for the good of the plants and to insure safe packing and arrival of your order. We only do this to herbaceous perennials that will rejuvenate stronger from the base.
- If there are any problems with your order you will contacted via email or phone to discuss the order
- Potted plants ordered for collection from the nursery can be ready 4 working days after the order has been placed.
- Bareroot plants ordered for collection from the nursery can be ready 10 working days after the order has been placed
- Collections can be picked up any day by appointment except Sunday.
- Please specify which date you will be collecting on in the 'order notes' box at the checkout.