The Plant list
AGAPANTHUS White Pixie
Small heads of pure white flowers. June-August. Semi-Evergreen. Tough and a vigorous grower. Ht 50cm Sp 50cm. Wonderful in pots on the terrace or as a front of border display. Moist yet well drained soil. Full Sun.
Agapanthus like full sun and rich moist, well-drained soil. They detest dry sand. Agapanthus make excellent subjects for pots and tubs but can also be planted in the border and will thrive and bloom. Contrary to gardening folk law, Agapanthus for optimum flowering do not need to be pot bound
The essential conditions for an abundance of flower are:
1) Agapanthus need to receive an abundance of water in the lead up to flowering – May-July.
2) During May, June and July, Agapanthus should be fed with a high potassium fertiliser every two weeks.
3) Full sunshine in flowering season
Plants dispatched from mid-May
As a general rule, deciduous Agapanthus are hardy whereas evergreen forms can need shelter in the winter. Any variety marked semi-evergreen is somewhere in between and should be given extra shelter in harsh winters. Plants in pots can be sheltered in a greenhouse or outside that isn’t completely dark. Or they can be stored near the house with feet under each pot to insure the best drainage from winter wet. Plants in the ground can be mulched if needed
Agapanthus are great companion plants for Bearded Irises, flowering later with a similar bold statement in the garden. Click here to view our Bearded Iris selection
You may also like…
Plant Details: AGAPANTHUS White Pixie
Variety: White Pixie
Common name: African Lily
Origin: S. Africa
Flower colour: White
Flower month: Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep
Winter leaf colour: Green
Hardy: Half Hardy
Soil type: Moist yet well drained soil
Flower type: Single
Flower attribute: Elegant
Leaf colour: Green
Suggested Container: Large Pots
Winter grow conditions: Outside sheltered
Container Compost: Peat Substitute
Pot Size: 1.3 litre
- We aim to dispatch majority of orders within 5-7 working days
- There are EXCEPTIONS during busy periods – please click here to find out about current dispatch times
- Some plants are seasonal and only dispatched at certain times of the year. Including Pelargoniums, Auriculas and Irises click here for more details
- Bareroot plants can take between 7-10 days before dispatch.
- We only send plants of optimum quality therefore your delivery may be split and plants sent to follow later. Whilst we try and keep our website up to date inevitably during busy period’s plants may sell out.
- Sometimes it is necessary to ‘cut back’ your plants for the good of the plants and to insure safe packing and arrival of your order. We only do this to herbaceous perennials that will rejuvenate stronger from the base.
- If there are any problems with your order you will contacted via email or phone to discuss the order
- Potted plants ordered for collection from the nursery can be ready 4 working days after the order has been placed.
- Bareroot plants ordered for collection from the nursery can be ready 10 working days after the order has been placed
- Collections can be picked up any day by appointment except Sunday.
- Please specify which date you will be collecting on in the 'order notes' box at the checkout.